Cyber SecurityJanuary 15, 2020 2022-01-12 11:30
- Students will be provided online access to Linux servers with pre-built security tools to allow for experience.
- The goal of the course is to prepare attendees for security analyst jobs.
- Certification from Top institute of USA
This introductory course provides a platform to get up to speed with the fundamentals of information security to prepare attendees for industry specific security analyst jobs. This entry-level course covers a broad spectrum of security topics and includes real examples of various software tools relevant to each topic. It provides essential information security skills and techniques to protect and secure your critical information and technology assets, whether on-premises or in the cloud. The course dives further to cover concepts and practical tools used for ‘digital forensics and incident response’ (DFIR). Finally, the course will cover exploitation of common OWASP vulnerabilities and strategies to mitigate such risks. The course provides hands-on training so attendees can get a first hand experience at using some of the most common InfoSec tools.
After the workshop, Attendees will be able to
- Gain an in-depth understand of core security concepts and common attack vectors
- Build strong identity and authentication controls
- Build strong authorization and privilege controls
- Build better passwords that are more secure
- Have a fundamental grasp of the network stack and common attack vectors related to network packets
- Explain a variety of frequent attacks such as social engineering, buffer overflow, lateral movement, and other attacks
- Perform vulnerability assessment and design strategies for system patching
- Identity weaknesses in target system and how to exploit them
- Discuss various security technologies such as firewalls, NGFW, intrusion detection and prevention systems, sniffers, ethical hacking, active defense, and threat hunting
- In-depth understanding of various cryptography controls and exploit insecure ciphers
- Leverage network segmentation controls to build better defenses against Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) actors and other sophisticated methods of compromise
- Assess and configure OS with secure controls and prevent common attack vectors
- Leverage tools to respond to threats and incidents provided by SIEM (security incident & event management) platforms right from reconnaissance techniques, incident analysis, identifying false positives and reporting
- Investigate security breaches by conducting digital forensics to analyze evidence, identify source of compromise and mitigating the threat
- Pen-test (penetration testing) web applications to identify OWASP vulnerabilities and building software defenses to mitigate threats
Advanced story telling techniques for writers: Personas, Characters & Plots